Logtivity has a feature called “Alerts” that allows you to receive notifications for important updates on your sites. Alerts can be sent to two Alert Channels: email or Slack.
You can use this feature to get alerts every time someone publishes a new post.
Here’s our guide to getting alerts from Logtivity for new posts that are published on your WordPress site. If you haven’t done this yet, you will need to connect your site to Logtivity. Click here for our getting started guide.
Create the Post Published Alert for One Site
The first and most important step is to set up the alert for new posts:
- Go to “Alerts” in the Logtivity app.
- Action: This is the trigger for the alert. We should choose “Post Published”.
- Context: This field allows you to specify more information about the Action. Because this alert will notify us about published posts, the “Context” field should be a word in the title. So you could enter a keyword into this field and get notifications for any published post with a specific keyword in the title.
- User: You can choose to get notifications for posts published by a specific user.
After creating the alert, we recommend that you test the alert by creating a new post. This next image shows how the alerts appear in Slack. You can see three buttons underneath the alert:
- View/Edit Alert: This will take you to the screen where you can update these alerts. It looks very similar to the image above.
- View Logs: This button will show you all your logs that match “Post Published”.
- View User: This will display all the activity for the user who triggered this alert.
Create the Post Published Alert for All Your Sites
This guide will show you how to get post published alerts for all your WordPress site.
- Go to “Team Settings” and then “Global Alerts” in the Logtivity app.
- Enter “Post Published” for the “Action” field. Scroll up in this tutorial for more details on the other fields.
- Click the “Create alert” button.
The Global Alert Channels are managed separately from the Alert Channels for individual sites.
To choose where your Global Alerts will send notifications, go to the “Global Alerts Channel” tab and choose the email address and / or Slack channel.