Logtivity has a feature called “Alerts” that allows you to receive notifications for important changes on your sites. Alerts can be sent to two Alert Channels: email and Slack.
You can use this feature to get alerts every time there is a plugin installed on your WordPress sites.
Here’s our guide to getting alerts from Logtivity for plugins that are added to your WordPress site. If you haven’t done this yet, you will need to connect your site to Logtivity. Click here for our getting started guide.
Create the Plugin Installed Alert for One Site
This guide will show you how to get plugin installed alerts for one WordPress site.
Go to “Alerts” in the Logtivity app. Here are the settings you can enter:
- Action: This is the trigger for the alert. We should choose “Plugin Installed”.
- Context: This field allows you to specify more information about the Action. You don’t have to enter anything in this field. However, if you want to specify one plugin for this alert, the “Context” field should be the plugin name such as “Yoast SEO” or “Easy Digital Downloads”.
- User: You can choose to get notifications for plugins installed by a specific user.
After creating the alert, we recommend that you test the alert by installing a plugin. This image below shows how the alerts appear in Slack. You can see three buttons underneath the alert:
- View/Edit Alert: This will take you to the screen where you can modify these alerts. It looks very similar to the image above.
- View Logs: This button will show you all your logs that match “Plugin Installed”.
- View User: This will display all the activity for the user who triggered the plugin installation.
Create the Plugin Installed Alert for All Your Sites
This guide will show you how to get “Plugin Installed” alerts for all your WordPress sites.
- Go to “Team Settings” and then “Global Alerts” in the Logtivity app.
- Enter “Plugin Installed” for the “Action” field. Scroll up in this tutorial for more details on the other fields.
- Click the “Create alert” button.
The Global Alert Channels are handed separately from the Alert Channels for individual sites. To choose where your Global Alerts will send notifications, go to the “Global Alerts Channel” tab and choose the email address and / or Slack channel.