Logtivity has a feature called “Alerts” that allows you to receive notifications for important updates on your sites. Alerts can be sent to two Alert Channels: email or Slack.
You can use this feature to get alerts every time a new user is created in the “Administrator” role on one of your sites.
Here’s our guide to getting alerts from Logtivity for new Administrator users on your WordPress site. If you haven’t done this yet, you will need to connect your site to Logtivity. Click here for our getting started guide.
Create the New Administrator User Alert for One Site
This guide will show you how to get new Administrator user alerts for one WordPress site.
Go to “Alerts” in the Logtivity app. Here are the settings you can enter:
- Action: This is the trigger for the alert. We should enter “User Created”.
- Context: This field allows you to specify more information about the Action. Because this alert will notify us about new users, the “Context” field will search on the user role. Enter “Administrator” for this field.
- User: You can choose to get notifications on new users created with a specific username or IP address.
After creating the alert, we recommend that you test the alert by creating an Administrator account. This next image shows how these alerts may appear in Slack. You can see three buttons underneath the alert:
- View/Edit Alert: This will take you to the screen where you can update these alerts. It looks very similar to the image above.
- View Logs: This button will show you all your logs that match “User Created” and “Administrator”.
- View User: This will display all the activity for the user who triggered this alert.
Create the New Administrator User Alert for All Your Sites
This guide will show you how to get new administrator alerts for all your WordPress sites.
- Go to “Team Settings” and then “Global Alerts” in the Logtivity app.
- Enter “User Created” for the “Action” field. Scroll up in this tutorial for more details on the other fields.
- Enter “Administrator” for the “Context” field.
- Click the “Create alert” button.
The Global Alert Channels are handled separately from the Alert Channels for individual sites.
To choose where your Global Alerts will send notifications, go to the “Global Alerts Channel” tab and choose the email address and / or Slack channel.